marți, 23 martie 2010

The second of a raven's eye

by: Luminita Mihai
( translated from Romanian by Gabriel G)


An unseen hand knocks on my window
I feel its tender perfume of flower and of rain
And it seems to me the city carrying the houses on its shoulder
Is running towards a future winter
When all things are the same as at the beginning
Clean, untouched by any breath
It seems to me that crying canes
Are walking with no legless cripples on the streets
That none other live here but laundry on the wire
And flat silent spades without diggers
Exchanging whispers, and one can hear
The light hanging on the lamp post
An unseen hand knocks on my window
Smashing the second on the pavement
As an over ripe melon
I feel its tender perfume of flower and rain
And two black raven's eyes stare at me through the glazing.




Copyright ©2009 Luminita Mihai

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu