marți, 23 martie 2010

September as a wager

by: Luminita Mihai
( translated from Romanian by Gabriel G)



I wish I'd die on the first of September
When autumn marks grades in the class books
And the rains of chalk are falling
On the giddy girls' laughter

Then my body hungry shall be
By the clay's embrace - supreme
As of a last and too beautiful lover
That lacks the knowledge of the leaf's theorem

To know the sextons hang by themselves(alone)
With a pint of rotgut by the right foot
So much more and deeper September
A rusty groom shall embrace me

And let the silence be in equations
And the reports be seen with mercy
And-garrulous-dropping their satchels on the sidewalks
May the children have passed their exams

I love the first of September as a station
I never in the least have reached - delayed
Each time the city shakes its skirts of rain
I'm ready to bet: so it shall be!




Copyright ©2009 Luminita Mihai

Un comentariu:

  1. Nu stiu, nu inteleg de ce nu vreti sa lasati un semn de trecere pe aici?!...
    Va incurajez si va rog: comentati!
    Multumesc!

    RăspundețiȘtergere